[R] Upgrade R?

Cem Girit girit at comcast.net
Wed Nov 16 15:22:02 CET 2011

Hello John,

	Thank you. It is useful advice. I found the method which eliminates
copying the library after new installation given at by Tal at
http://www.r-statistics.com/2010/04/changing-your-r-upgrading-strategy-and-t
he-r-code-to-do-it-on-windows/ very effective.  But my problem and some
others was not being able to remove the old installation buy running
unins000.exe. We experience an error "Internal error: Cannot find
utCompiledCode record for this version of uninstaller". So we had to remove
the program and clean the registry manually. This might be due to 1) We
install R and statconn  using "RAndFriendsSetup2140V3.2-1-1" package from
http://rcom.univie.ac.at/  2) Tal's scripts that create the external library
and copy the contents after the new installation might do something causing
this error. Duncan tried the installation on his Window 7 x64 system and did
not have any problems removing the old installation.

	Sincerely,

Cem