[R] correlations between columns for each row

robgriffin247 robgriffin247 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 15 17:42:34 CET 2011

Just as an update on this problem:
I have managed to get the variance for the selected columns

Now all I need is the covariance between these 2 selections -
the two target columns are and the aim is that a new column contain a
covariance value between these on each row:

maindata[,c(174:213)] and maindata[,c(214:253]

I've played around with all sorts of apply (and derivatives of apply) and in
various different setups so I think I'm close but I feel like I'm chasing my
tail here!