[R] Creating Timeseries by manipulating data table

Chuske jrm212 at ex.ac.uk
Tue Nov 15 14:03:17 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm new to R and tried a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have some data as a csv file with columns:-

longditude latitude year month rainfall region

What I need to do is produce a monthly time series for each region, where
region is an integer id and where each time point in the series is the
monthly average of rainfall for each location in that region.

Basically I know how to read the data as:-

raindata<-read.csv("Rainfall.csv")

but have no idea how to create the timeseries using R.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chuske