[R] Problem creating reference manuals from latex

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 12:15:05 CET 2011

  On 11-11-14 10:25 PM, Tyler Rinker wrote:

> Duncan,
>
> Thank you for your reply.  I was not clear about the Internet access.  I do have access, just at times I don't, hence the need to produce the manuals from latex rather than simply using the Internet.
>
> Please pardon my lack of knowledge around your response.  You said I'd have to install the inconsolata.sty from CTAN.  How?  Is this installed in an R directory or a Tex directory?  Do I use R to install it or latex or save the file and drop into a particular folder (directory)?

It is a TeX package.  You need to use the MikTeX package installer to
install it.

I usually set up MikTeX to do this automatically when it needs a new
package, but that requires an available Internet connection; you'll need
to do something manually.  Start in the Start Menu item for MikTeX 2.9,
and find the "package manager" item.  Run it, and choose to install the
"inconsolata" package.

Duncan Murdoch