[R] R v2.13.2 - Cannot find Rcmd on path?

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Sun Nov 13 19:15:41 CET 2011

I remember I was torn into pieces a few months back when I made a
wishlist here that R adds its bin path to PATH on Windows during
installation. People had tons of reasons of objection. Although I do
not use these batchfiles (usually I do not actually use Windows), I
see there is a motivation behind them: there needs to be an easy way
for Windows users to use R in command line (e.g. R CMD build...). You
may argue that it is easy to understand PATH and modify it manually,
and I will say nothing but "thank" Windows again. Sorry this seems to
be off-topic.

Regards,
Yihui
--