[R] Second-order effect in Parametric Survival Analysis

ryusuke ryusukekenji at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 13:37:52 CET 2011

Hi experts,

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4034318/Parametric_survival_analysis_2nd-order_efffect.JPG
Parametric_survival_analysis_2nd-order_efffect.JPG
As we know a normal survival regression is the equation (1)
Well, I'ld like to modify it to be 2nd-order interaction model as shown in
equation(2)

Question:
Assume a and z is two covariates.
x = dummy variable (1 or 0)
z = factors (peoples' name)
fit <- survreg(Surv(time,censor)~x*z, data=sample, dist="exponential")

I tried to apply survreg(), while I have few questions:
1) If */survreg(Surv(time,censor)~x*z, data=sample, dist="exponential")/*
correct?
2) If the baseline hazard is the value excluded both x and z effects?
3) How can I get the value and plot the hazard with only x effect (but
exclude effect z)

Thanks

Best,
Ryusuke