[R] Time series analysis with random effects

Schrabauke berndii at yahoo.de
Sat Nov 12 02:26:58 CET 2011

Hi folks,
i have some problems with my evaluation. We have collect tons of data from
23 testpersons for our new road study.
I have now a time series for each person and all the logs when he
accelerates or hits the break trying to solve five different tasks.

The dataset lools like:
#        Unixtime               time       accelerate  break     UserID
task
#10372 1312358742 10:05:41.600 3.054       0.000      2             "lane"
#10373 1312358742 10:05:41.700 3.056       1.000      2
"emergency"

The break variable is binary and i want to test if there is a significant
difference between the tasks using the break variable.

I have not really a clue what i have to look for. My idea was to use a 2
Sample t-test for the accelerate variable but the conditions are not
fulfilled for this test.

I am not really experienced with time series analysis so thanks a lot for
your advice!
Bernd