[R] proportional area venn diagrams?

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Fri Nov 11 15:26:29 CET 2011

In http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/14637.html

some rudimentary R functions were given  for drawing
proportional area venn diagrams with area of each intersection ~ the
count in a 2 x 2 x 2 table.

I'm interested in this, for another application: showing the
correlations among Y, X1, X2 using
area ~ r^2 of each pair (sometimes called a Ballantine diagram).

Before I attempt to hack the code given in that post, are there any
packages/functions that do venn diagrams
with proportional areas?  Rseek turned up quite a view venn-like
functions, but I couldn't find any
that drew them with proportional areas.

-Michael

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.