[R] Interpreting Multiple Linear Regression Summary

(Ted Harding) ted.harding at wlandres.net
Wed Nov 9 21:06:30 CET 2011

On 09-Nov-11 19:39:54, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, John C Frain wrote:
>
>> As far as I know if there is an NA in any variable in an
>> observation the default is to drop the entire observation.
>> Thus there are no observations in your calculation
>
> John,
>
>  Hadn't realized that. I know there are NA's in other data
> frames that yield model results. Perhaps it is the excessive
> numbers in this set that are the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Rich

It is not so much the number of NAs, as the number of observations
that get dropped through having at least 1 NA. Provided enough
observations remain to get a meaningful fit, you will be OK
(though interpretation may be dubious).

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <ted.harding at wlandres.net>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861