[R] Installing binaries from R-Forge

Downey, Patrick PDowney at urban.org
Wed Nov 9 13:39:09 CET 2011

Hello,

I'm attempting to install the splm package from R-Forge.

https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=352

The page says, "In order to successfully install the packages provided on
R-Forge, you have to switch to the most recent version of R..." It later
says "To install this package directly within R type:
install.packages("splm", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")".

I just installed R-2.14 and I still get the following error message.

Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package 'splm' is not available (for R version 2.14.0)

Can someone please help? I understand that there is relevant information in
the posting guide, but I'm not a programmer and it's difficult for me to
understand. I thought I've followed the advice from previous posts
(notably, upgrade).

Thank you,
Mitch