[R] download.file

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed Nov 9 01:39:05 CET 2011

See downloadFile() of the R.utils package (on CRAN);

it allows you to download to a file to a given path (without have to
"replicate" the filename), and it also have an option (the default) to
drop zero-size files that are (sometimes) created when download.file()
tries to download a non-existing file.  Moreover, the method downloads
files in binary mode by default (download in text mode is a common
cause for "corrupt" files).  See help("downloadFile",
package="R.utils") for more bells and whistles.

/Henrik