[R] rearrange set of items randomly

flokke flokke at live.de
Mon Nov 7 22:09:13 CET 2011

Dear all,
I hope that this question is not too weird, I will try to explain it as good
as I can.

I have to write a function for a school project and one limitation is that I
may not use the in built function sample()

At one point in the function I would like to resample/rearrange the items of
my sample (so I would want to use sample, but I am not allowed to do so), so
I have to come up with sth else that does the same as the in built function
sample()

The only thing that sample() does is rearranging the items of a sample, so I
searched the internet for a function that does that to be able to use it,
but I cannot find anything that could help me.

Can maybe someone help me with this?
I would be very grateful,

Cheers,
Maria