[R] Plotting a network in a "star" mode

anat anate25 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 16:05:14 CET 2011

Dear R experts,

I have a network constructed through an adjacency matrix (square matrix)
using the "network" package in R.
I'm interested in plotting this network, but in a star-mode, which means I
have one node (the first column or row)i want
to be located in the center of the network and all the other around it.

I read the network.plot documentation, but there I could only find 3
available methods (the options available for "mode"), which did not meet my
needs.

My matrix looks as follows:
6 nodes, "1" appears when an edge is connecting 2 nodes.

    [,1] [,2] [,3] [,4] [,5] [,6]
[1,]    0    1    1    1    1    1
[2,]    1    0    1    1    1    1
[3,]    1    1    0    1    1    1
[4,]    1    1    1    0    1    0
[5,]    1    1    1    1    0    1
[6,]    1    1    1    0    1    0

I would like to plot a network with 6 nodes, so that the first one is in the
middle.
Can you please advice me how to do that?

Thank you,
Anat