[R] bug calculating ROC with caret and earth?

Andrew Ziem AZiem at us.ci.org
Fri Nov 4 22:56:34 CET 2011

Does caret have a bug calculating ROC with earth?  When using caret and earth on any of my data sets, caret's ROC never varies.  This could mean earth is finding the same model (for example, because of using an nprune parameter that is too high).  However, if that were true, sensitivity and specificity would also not vary, but they do vary.  Also, I verified nprune is not too high.

I am attaching sample output from R 2.14.0 on Windows 7 64-bit with earth 3.2 and caret 5.07.

I don't have this problem with caret and ctree.

Andrew