[R] help with means using tail()

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 19:18:39 CET 2011

I think a lag() command will work for you -- but a more helpful piece
of advise is probably to use xts or zoo packages rather than the base
ts. Most people find ts very hard to work with and find that all their
difficulties magically go away when they use those classes.

In xts: it would be something like:

mean(tail(rp,9))
mean(lag(tail(rp,9)))

Michael