[R] text mining

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon May 30 14:28:04 CEST 2011

On 30/05/2011 6:17 AM, rgui wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem when indexing the corpus. I used the following syntax:
>
> >  Setwd ("c :/....")
> >  Library (tm)
> >  Txt = Corpus (DirSource ("."); readerControl = list (language = "frensh"))

Capitalization is important in R, so when asking a question, please cut
and paste what you actually did.  In this case, it doesn't matter.

> an error message comes:

> 1: In readLines(y, encoding = x$Encoding) :
>    ligne finale incomplète trouvée dans './n3.txt'
> 2: In readLines(y, encoding = x$Encoding) :
>    ligne finale incomplète trouvée dans './n32.

Those are warnings, not errors.   readLines gives those warnings when
the last line of the file stops abruptly, rather than having an end of
line marker.  On Unix systems this usually signals a problem with the
file.  Windows is more tolerant, so many editors don't bother to add the
final marker.
> another question:
>   how can I read different document types (. pdf,. "...) html using the
> package "tm"?

I think you need to convert them to text first (by some tool outside of
R), but I might be wrong.

Duncan Murdoch