[R] Changing the name of the "R" process in top

Matthew Keller mckellercran at gmail.com
Sat May 28 20:48:58 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Perhaps this is more of a unix question, but I'll give it a try here.
I am running 9 different R processes at the same time (called from a
shell script using R CMD BATCH).  When I use the top program to
monitor how they are doing, it is impossible to tell which R process
is related to which R script. Is there a way to rename a specific
instantiation of an R process in top with another, more informative
name, e.g., something like R-script1 R-script2 etc?

Thank you,

Matt

--
Matthew C Keller