[R] Nested design

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Sat May 28 19:14:29 CEST 2011

> Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 09:33:03 -0700
> From: jwiley.psych at gmail.com
> To: bjorn.robroek at gmail.com
> CC: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: Re: [R] Nested design
>
> Hi,
>
> If you are not asking for stats help, then do you understand the model
> and are just confused by how R labels it? We can help match R's
> labels to the ones you are used to, if you tell us what you are used
> to.

I would not suggest as a rule to use a tool to validate itself but
you can use R to make sure your interpretation of other R output is right by giving
contrived datasets to the analysis package and see what you get back.
Comparison can be to examples from text book or your own paper and pencil
analysis.  This is also a good way to learn things from basic terms to
things like sign or unit conventions in different fields etc.

You can generate samples from normal distro and feed that to
the questionable package to see what comes back.