[R] split data frame and manipulate

Mathew Brown mathew.brown at forst.uni-goettingen.de
Thu May 26 12:01:57 CEST 2011

Hello,

I would like to split the attached data frame based on the DATE
variable. I'm having a real problem doing this. I am able to split

iso<-read.table(datuh.dat, header=TRUE, sep="", dec=".") #load
mylist=split(iso,iso$DATE) #split
str(mylist) #result seems a bit odd

However, after splitting I'm not able to call up certain variables of
the two lists. For instance, this does not work
mylist$2011-05-25

Could anyone point suggest a way to do this. I want to be able to fully
manipulate and plot variables from each of the resulting data frames.

Thanks,