[R] problems getting the splm package installed

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu May 26 11:13:35 CEST 2011

On 26.05.2011 05:51, David Winsemius wrote:

> On May 25, 2011, at 10:21 PM, Rafael Terra wrote:
>
>> Dear R-project members,
>>

>> I'm a newbie in R and I'm trying to install the "splm" package to
>> analyze spatial panel data. I have the R x64 2.12.0 beta version
>> installed in my computer. When I try to install the package from
>> within R typing ">install.packages("splm",
>> repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")", I get the error message
>>
>> "Warning: unable to access index for repository
>> http://R-Forge.R-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.12
>
> It's unable to find it because it's not there. Your version of R is out
> of date and the only versions supported by packages at r-forge at the
> moment are 2.13 and 2.14.
 >

>> I don't know what to do to get this package installed. Sorry bothering
>> you with this, but I would appreciate very much a little help.

Right.

For older versions of R it is possible for the user to install the
package from sources.

install.packages("splm", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org",
type="source")

should work (and the use may need the Rtools installed) . This is all
documented in the manual R Installation and Administration.

Uwe Ligges