[R] Opening R in 64-bit version by default

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue May 24 21:23:42 CEST 2011

On 24/05/2011 1:27 PM, Josh Browning wrote:
> Oh, of course, sorry.  I'm running Windows 7.  Thanks!

Your question is probably a question for Microsoft.  Why doesn't
whatever you did work?

Someone here might be able to help if you describe what you did.  I just
tried "Open with..." and selected Rgui.exe from the bin/x64 directory,
and that failed.   A couple of other things I tried worked:

1.  Edit the registry key

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RWorkspace\shell\open\command

2.  Rename the bin/x64/Rgui.exe file to something else, and ask to open
with that.

Duncan Murdoch