[R] how to eliminate first row in datafile created in do loop

Graves, Gregory ggraves at sfwmd.gov
Tue May 24 14:30:27 CEST 2011

I am trying to create a routine that would take a time series and
generate monthly 25%tile and 75%tile limits based on 12 calendar months.
I have succeeded to create a do loop to do this, but can't figure out
how to initiate the receiving datafile (in this case "limit.list")
without sticking an initial set of zeroes in.  I'd like to be able to
insert a new column "i.value" for each time "i" increments 1 thru 12, to
represent the 12 months, but I can't figure out how to join the value of
i to the "lower" and "upper" variables.  Close but no cigar here.

lower=0
upper=0
limit.list<-data.frame(lower,upper)
for(i in 1:12){
	s=subset(paleo,month==i);
        one.month=with(s, quantile(WBpaleo, c(.25, .75), na.rm=T));
        limit.list<-rbind(limit.list,one.month)
}
limit.list

which gives me this: