[R] FW: getting time series into r

Heiman, Thomas J. theiman at mitre.org
Mon May 23 22:05:54 CEST 2011

Hi,

I tried to attach these files before as .csv and they did not go through.. This time they are .txt files..  I am trying to get the attached following two timeseries (these are small subsets of the whole thing) into R so I can merge them using zoo.

tmp <- read.table("baltimore.csv", sep = " ") ##This is timeseries 2
z <- zoo(tmp[, 2:20], as.Date(as.character(tmp[, 1]), format = "%y %m %d"))

tmp1 <- read.table("baltimorefludata.csv", sep = " ") ##This is timeseries 1
z2 <- zoo(tmp[,2], as.Date(tmp[, 1]), format = "%m %d %y"))

R is not recognizing Date or YEARMODA as dates..Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sincerely,

tom

Thomas Heiman, PhD
Info Systems Eng, Sr
The MITRE Corporation | Center for Enterprise Modernization
Office: 703-983-2951 | theiman at mitre.org<mailto:theiman at mitre.org>