[R] so current status of interactive PDF creation isl? trying to explore econometriic convergence thread

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 14:04:42 CEST 2011

I think I just saw a thread go by on " how do I make interactive PDF from
rgl output" but I ignored it at the time and can't seem to find consensus result
on google. Essentially I wanted to create pdf or other output to
share a 3D plot and let viewers interact with it but it still wasn't
clear on easiest way to do this.
Is this 2009 page the best reference?

http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Graphics.html

Thanks.
Specific case of interest is below,

I found rgl to be quite useful in regards to this,

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/maximum-likelihood-convergence-reproducing-Anderson-Blundell-1982-Econometrica-R-vs-Stata-td3502516.html#a3512807

I generated some data points using this script
( which itself uses this data file http://98.129.232.234/temp/share/em.txt )

http://98.129.232.234/temp/share/em.R.txt

After some editing with sed, the output of the above script
made this data file showing some optimization's
"trjectory" according to my variables of interest,

http://98.129.232.234/temp/share/emx.dat.txt

df<-read.table("emx.dat",header=F,sep=" ")

I subsequently found a few ways to plot the data,
notably,

png("em.png")

plot(log(df$V1),df$V2)

png.off()

http://98.129.232.234/temp/share/em.png

png("em2.png")

plot(log(df$V1),df$V2,cex=1+.2*(log(df$V3)-min(log(df$V3))))

dev.off()

http://98.129.232.234/temp/share/em2.png

But what I'd like to do is publish an interactive 3D
plot of this data similar to the rgl output
of this,

df<-read.table("emx.dat",header=F,sep=" ")
library(rgl)
rgl.points(log(df$V1),df$V2,log(df$V3))

quick google search and ?rgl didn't seem
to provide immediate answer.

Is there a way to publish interactive plots?
Thanks.