[R] Plots: I've deleted axes, now to delete space

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Sun May 22 14:41:58 CEST 2011

Hi Adele,

it was not my intention to critizise you for posting your question. You
are totally free to post whatever question you like and the reciepient
is then free to answer it or not. I wanted, however, to demonstrate to
you that it would have been easier in my opinion to research some of the
very nice tutorials available on the internet to answer your question
regarding the dev.off() function. I totally did not want to discurage
you (or anybody else) from using r-help. It just happens quite often
that people post questions where one has the impression that researching
documentation or the list archive would have led them to the solution.
In such cases (as for example yours) I usually point the poster to these
resources.

So, feel totally welcome to use the list for posting all questions you
might have. It is then up to the others on the list to decide for
themselves whether they want to anwer your question or whether to
consider the questnion to be too basic!

Best regards

Jannis

On 05/19/2011 12:16 AM, Adele_Thompson at cargill.com wrote:
> I've never used an R command without reading the documentation first. I think that would be impractical. I am not an expert at deciphering the documentation though and I post here because I did in fact read the documentation, do extensive google searches, ask friends/collegues and still find no answer. This forum is not a first resort for me. There is a very bad rep of R forums being notoriously harsh on new comers. I myself do not like when people do not try. In order to avoid this harshness (I have not found this forum any more harsh than your everyday educated R user), I do my own research and ask a question when I get stuck. I realize that people still are upset by my ignorance and that is their choice. I will get better and better at R and less and less likely to run into any of these issues. I am not a programmer or statistician by trade, but I am a learner and thus will continue to improve.
>
> You have not offended me at all as few people have this ability.
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Adele

>>> for (i in 1:28) {
>>> a<-seq(1,3,1)