[R] Adding a numeric to all values in the dataframe

Bill.Venables at csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Fri May 20 06:30:12 CEST 2011

For that kind of operation (unusual as it is) work with numeric matrices.  When you are finished, if you still want a data frame, make it then, not before.

If your data starts off as data frame to begin with, turn it into a matrix first.  E.g.

myMatrix <- data.frame(myData)
myMatrix2 <- myMatrix + 2
myData2 <- data.frame(myMatrix2)

Bill Venables.