[R] svytable and na's

Thomas Lumley tlumley at uw.edu
Thu May 19 23:48:14 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Manderscheid Katharina
<Katharina.Manderscheid at unilu.ch> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am trying to work with the survey package in order to apply survey design weights. the data set i am using - ess - contains missing values.
> my question: when using svytable(~variable1+variable2, design=my.svydesign.object, na.rm=T) the resulting crosstable contains all missings although i defined the na's as such.

Could you give more details? There isn't an na.rm= argument to
svytable, so it's not surprising it has no effect, but I don't know
what you mean when you say the table "contains all missings." Perhaps
you could show us the output and say how it differs from what you
expected.

     -thomas

--
Thomas Lumley