[R] changes in coxph in "survival" from older version?

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Tue May 17 15:23:14 CEST 2011

-- begin included message ---
I did realize that there are way more predictors in the model.  My
initial thinking was use that as an initial model for stepwise model
selection.  Now I  wonder if the model selection result is still valid
if the initial model didn't even converge?
--- end inclusion ---

You have 17 predictors with only 22 events.  All methods of "variable
selection" in such a scenario will give essentially random results.
There is simply not enough information present to determine a best
predictor or best subset of predictors.

Terry Therneau