[R] wireframe advice - with reproducible code

Chris Mcowen chrismcowen at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:17:10 CEST 2011

Thanks for this,

With the data i have what is the best method to convert it into the required matrix, as i am a little unsure how it would be done - i imagine this must be a common task?

Chris
On 16 May 2011, at 16:05, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

On 16/05/2011 10:57 AM, Chris Mcowen wrote:
> Sorry,
>
> My bad -
>
> I have notice you can remove the data call when using this and it works the same,  also FD is the same as Residual_FD i just forgot i coded it different.
>
> wireframe(FD ~ Elevation * Temperature, scales = list(arrows = FALSE), drape = TRUE, colorkey = TRUE)
>
> Sorry and thanks again,

Those points don't form a surface that wireframe could draw.  cloud() would work, but if you want a wireframe surface, then the FD values need to be something like what persp() needs:  a matrix of values, with rows and columns being combined values from Elevation and Temperature.  wireframe() is different in that the matrix is presented as a column in the data, with the rows and columns repeated correspondingly.

See the g dataframe produced in example(wireframe) for an example of the right sort of structure.

Duncan Murdoch