[R] Plots: I've deleted axes, now to delete space

Schatzi adele_thompson at cargill.com
Mon May 16 16:41:19 CEST 2011

I am outputting the plot to a pdf file using the code:
dev.copy2pdf(file="testing.pdf")

The plots are too small though unless I first manually increase the size in
R and then use the dev.copy command. Is there a way to automatically
increase the window size? I tried fin and din, but those do not seem to work
or they only increase the size to a certain degree, even though I can
manually increase it to fill my screen.

Schatzi wrote:

> Thanks all for the replies. I am getting better slowly but surely. I
> imagine that I will get better at figuring out things as well so I don't
> have to post as many questions. I do lots of searches, but still cannot
> figure out how to do everything that I need.
>
> The new code is as such:
> par(mfrow=c(4,7), mar=c(2, 2, 2, 1.5), oma=c(1, 1, 4, 0))
> for (i in 1:28) {
> a<-seq(1,3,1)
> plot(a,a, ann=FALSE, main= "plot of a vs a")
> }
> mtext("Plot of a vs a",side=3,outer=TRUE)

-----
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they are not - Albert Einstein