[R] How to fit a random data into Beta distribution?

MikeK mike at kiparsky.com
Thu May 12 05:17:49 CEST 2011

I am also trying to fit data to a beta distribution.

In Ang and Tang, Probability Concepts in Engineering, 2nd Ed., page 127-9,
they describe a variant of a beta distribution with additional parameters
than the standard beta distribution, enabling specification of a max and min
value other than 0,1. This would be very useful for my purposes.

Any thoughts on how to fit a distribution directly to this variant of the
beta distribution, without starting from scratch?