[R] Reordering inputs

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Wed May 11 23:19:09 CEST 2011

Matrices just *are* . They don't have inputs or outputs.  Can you
provide an example of what you are trying to do?

<Quote>
From: Dat Mai <dat.d.mai_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 19:43:23 +0000

Hello All,

I have 2 matrices consisting of the same inputs, but having different
outputs. I created a heatmap for both of them; the point is to compare
them side by side. The best way to organize the inputs is to make sure
that the order of the inputs are the same for both heatmaps. How would I
go about making sure that the order of inputs of both heatmaps are the same?

As it is right now, I can only control the the order of the inputs by
using the decreasing=TRUE/FALSE function, but that only serves to
reorder the matrix by the output values.

</quote>