[R] Parantheses highlighting

Sascha Wolfer sascha at cognition.uni-freiburg.de
Wed May 11 14:45:47 CEST 2011

Dear list,

is it just me or is everybody experiencing this?
Since the upgrade to R 2.13.0 on my Mac (OS X 10.6.7, R GUI 1.40 (5751)) the highlighting of matching parantheses doesn't work the way it used to. It doesn't highlight the matching parantheses while typing, but it still does while scrolling over it with the cursor with the arrow keys. This is quite inconvenient since I have to go back after each bracket if I want to know which one's the matching bracket.

I experience this problem with every kind of bracket (round, curly ...).

I really like the built-in Mac OS editor for R, so I hope this will be fixed soon or I can easily fix it myself.

Thanks,
Sascha W.

---
Sascha A. Wolfer, M.A.