[R] Hosmer-Lemeshow 'goodness of fit'

viostorm rob.schutt at gmail.com
Mon May 9 03:21:37 CEST 2011

Again, thanks so much for your help.

Is there a "for dummies" version for interpreting the le Cessie and
Houwelingen test.  I read the 1991 biometrics paper but honestly got lost in
the math.

Is it interpreted the same way the Hosmer-Lemeshow test is?  ie, a
non-significant result means model fits well.

I guess what does, what would my p-value of p=0.284362 tell you about my
model?

I would like to describe the goodness of fit of my model in a paper but I'm
worried the average medical reader would not know how to interpret the
result of this test whereas there are lots of references on interpreting
Hosmer-Lemeshow.

(my cross validated c-statistic was 0.69 and r^2 was 0.15)

Thanks again for your all help! (also with my k-fold crossvalidation
question!)

-Rob