[R] replace NA

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:23:17 CEST 2011

Hi,

If your geology map is a special kind of object, this may not work,
but if you are just dealing with a data frame or matrix type object
named, "geology" with columns, something like this ought to do the
trick:

geology[is.na(geology[, "landform"]), "landform"] <- 0

?is.na returns a logical vector of TRUE/FALSE whether a value is
missing which is used to index the data and then 0 is assigned to all
those positions.

HTH,

Josh

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 1:12 PM, azam jaafari <azamjaafari at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I have a geology map that has three level, bellow
>
> <-geology
> lithology    landscape   landform
>

> landform level is used as covariate (with codes=1,2,3,4,5) for training of neural network, but this level has missing data as NA.
> I want to replace the missing data of landform level with 0 (zero). Finally, landform will have codes  0,1,2,3,4,5.
>
> please help me
>
> Thanks alot.

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology