[R] editor: not possible to change the variable name

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Fri May 6 21:25:29 CEST 2011

Hi Matthias,

What do you mean by "that doesn't work"?  What platform are you using?  Using:

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

fix(mydataframe)

brings up the data editor, then if I click a variable name, and change
it and shut down the data editor, it works just fine for me.  You
could also use the menu to bring up the editor.  More information
about the steps you are trying, the version of R, and exactly what is
going wrong will help us help you.

Best regards,

Josh

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:32 AM, tornanddesperate <MatthiasNeff at gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hi again everybody
>
> I have I new problem concerning the editor of R. It is possible to  add a
> new variable column, but they all have the name "var1".I read somewhere that
> it should be possible to change the variable name by clicking on it, but
> that doesn't work. Is that a bug or how is it possible to change the
> variable header?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Matthias
>
> --