[R] Using functions/loops for repetitive commands

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu May 5 19:33:47 CEST 2011

On May 5, 2011, at 1:08 PM, dereksloan wrote:

> Thanks David,
>
> I did notice that and I got his code to work using wilcox.test for the
> continuous variables.
>
> The problem is that when I tried to alter the code to do chisq.test
> on my
> categorical variables there is something wrong with the syntax and I
> don't
> know what.

Right....
 > ?chisq.test
# No mention of a formula argument seen
 > ?chisq.test.formula
No documentation for 'chisq.test.formula' in specified packages and
libraries:
you could try '??chisq.test.formula'

`chisq.test` doesn't have a formula method, so sending it a formula
will fail.

Why aren't you sending it the arguments instead of turning them into
strings?