[R] quantmod's addTA plotting functions

P Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Thu May 5 19:13:24 CEST 2011

Russ,

All you have to do is replace

   addTA(GSPC.EMA.3,   on = 1, col = "#0000ff")

with

   plot(addTA(GSPC.EMA.3,   on = 1, col = "#0000ff"))

etc.

I can sympathize with the documentation frustration, but I think
that much of the documentation in R and in many R packages is
actually very good. I get much more frustrated with the attempts
at 'non-technical' explanations I find in other software. It
does take a bit of getting used to always looking at the Value
section and, if in doubt, checking some of the See Alsos, but
it's worth it. I don't know quantmod very well, but even a
cursory look at the pdf file shows that the docs are quite
good.

As Jeff points out, good documentation is not easy. More good
examples are always better, but that's mighty time-consuming.

Peter Ehlers