[R] Help converting a data.frame to ordered factors

Robert Cassidy rcassidy at alcor.concordia.ca
Mon May 2 21:15:10 CEST 2011

I have a 96x34 array of Likert scale data (96 cases, 34 items) of
ordered factors (strongly disagree, disagree, neutral, agree, strongly
agree) that are coded numerically (1 through 5).

I cannot seem to convert this array (in any class) into ordered vectors.

I have all the cases as vectors of ordered factors, but any which way
I reassemble those vectors loses the ordered factors and converts back
to numbers.

Can someone tell me how to either convert the data.frame into ordered
factors OR how to assemble the vectors (of ordered factors) into an
array that preserves the factors.

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Robert

--