[R] Assign Names of columns in data.frame dinamically

Marcos Amaris Gonzalez piratamarck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 07:24:42 CEST 2011

Hello List.

I have many files of ECG, each one with 7 column and I need only the
second column and the name of each ECG. I am doing this but althought
I have various days trying this i haven't gotten, so I ask help with
this, if somebody cans help me I'll be so thankfully.

rm(list=ls())

# loadEcgFiles <- function(Dir=".") {
        Dir <- ".";

        txtfiles <- list.files(paste(Dir),'.txt$');
        ecg = data.frame(ncol=1);
        len = length(txtfiles);

        for (i in 1:5 ) {
# i <- 1;
                filename = paste(projectDir, "/" ,
txtfiles[i],sep='');
                sample = read.table(filename, nrow=75000);
               sampleName = filename; sampleName=gsub("./",
"",sampleName); sampleName=gsub(".txt", "", sampleName);
               temp <- sample$V2;
               names(temp) <- sampleName;
              ecg = cbind(ecg, temp);

Thanks and sorry for my english.

---
Marcos Amaris González - Linux Counter #462840