[R] Intercept and slope of GLS model

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 23:27:42 CEST 2011

John Haart <another83 <at> me.com> writes:

> With this truncated output from a GLS model the
> intercept is  0.004634487 but where is the slope?
>
> Coefficients:
>                        Value    		 Std.Error  		 t-value 		p-value
> (Intercept)      0.004634487 0.0006773396  6.842192 	 0.0000

  Not simple, because we have no idea what you did.
  There should be a second line in the summary table that gives
the estimate, standard error, t-statistic, and p-value for the
slope, but it's impossible to know from what you've posted why
you're not seeing it.

  A reproducible example would be best.
  Barring that, at least show us a simple example of the
code you ran, and tell us something about your data
set (e.g. the results of summary())