[R] R CMD build creates tar file instead of tar.gz file

Ian Schiller Ian.Schiller at clinepi.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 24 18:28:45 CET 2011

Ok guys.  First thanks again for your help.  It is very appreciated.  Now here's the thing.  I downloaded the Rcmd.bat and included in the path.  I've also changed the location of the package source and ran R CMD build mypackage (Rcmd.bat is not working so I assume there is something I'm doing wrong).  However, the warnings are now gone.  The file produced is still a tar (and not tar.gz), but when I look at it within the command prompt windows using dir, it says that the file is a tar.gz.  I don't know what is the meaning of that.
Here is the output of the command prompt

C:\R>R CMD build HSROC
* checking for file 'HSROC/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'HSROC':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking for LF line-endings in source and make files
* checking for empty or unneeded directories
* building 'HSROC_1.0.0.tar.gz'

Directory of C:\R

03/24/2011  01:16 PM    <DIR>          .
03/24/2011  01:16 PM    <DIR>          ..
03/24/2011  01:08 PM    <DIR>          HSROC
03/24/2011  01:16 PM            47,976 HSROC_1.0.0.tar.gz
               1 File(s)         47,976 bytes
               3 Dir(s)  949,472,227,328 bytes free

Ian

IAN SCHILLER, M.Sc.

Statistical research assistant,
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, McGill University Health Center
Assistant de recherche en statistiques,
Département d'Épidémiologie Clinique, Centre Universitaire de Santé Mcgill

Tel: 514 934 1934 ext. 36925