[R] Ctree Model Variables

jdanielnd jdanielnd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:11:00 CET 2011

Hello!

I am not familiar to deal with S4 objects in R, so this question can be
stupid, but I hope I can get an answer. :P

I'm trying to extract what are the response and explanatory variables from a
Binary Tree and Random Forest.

I could already extract the response variable from a Binary Tree using the
response method specified on documentation. But Random Forest didn't had a
similar method.

And regarding the explanatory variables, I couldn't find any solution at
all. It seems to be a simple task to extract the explanatory variables from
a Binary Tree, I just don't know how to deal with the "Slots". In the case
of the Random Forest, the task can be more complicated since it deal with
several trees. What I want is the name of all variables used in any tree.

Does someone have any clue on how should I try to solve this?

Many thanks!

Joao Daniel Duarte
UFMG - Brazil