[R] memory increasing

Jonathan P Daily jdaily at usgs.gov
Tue Mar 22 16:10:11 CET 2011

1) What kind of file is a .dta?

2) Do you have more RAM than R is using? Check this with ?memory.limit

3) Are you on a 64 bit OS with 64 bit R?

I can tell you that starting R with --max-mem-size=
may help, but you probably want to look into R interfaces with databases
first.
Jonathan P. Daily
Technician - USGS Leetown Science Center
11649 Leetown Road
Kearneysville WV, 25430
(304) 724-4480
"Is the room still a room when its empty? Does the room,
 the thing itself have purpose? Or do we, what's the word... imbue it."
     - Jubal Early, Firefly