[R] Need help with error

Savitri N Appana snappa01 at louisville.edu
Mon Mar 21 18:37:55 CET 2011

Thank you for your suggestion Allan.  I should have paid attention to
the posting instructions.

Pls find below the sample code from the ?splsda in the caret package.
Note:  It used to work fine in R v2.8.1, but this error shows up now,
given that I've modified the code on how the splsda or predict.splsda
functions are called, i.e. as caret:::splsda and caret:::predict.splsda
b/c I am running R v2.12.1 now.

######## sample code below..
library(caret)

data(mdrr)
set.seed(1)
inTrain <- sample(seq(along = mdrrClass), 450)

nzv <- nearZeroVar(mdrrDescr)
filteredDescr <- mdrrDescr[, -nzv]

training <- filteredDescr[inTrain,]
test <- filteredDescr[-inTrain,]
trainMDRR <- mdrrClass[inTrain]
testMDRR <- mdrrClass[-inTrain]

preProcValues <- preProcess(training)

trainDescr <- predict(preProcValues, training)
testDescr <- predict(preProcValues, test)

splsFit <- caret:::splsda(trainDescr, trainMDRR,
                          K = 5, eta = .9,
                          probMethod = "Bayes")
>splsFit### ERROR is HERE!!!!
Error in switch(classifier, logistic = { : EXPR must be a length 1
vector

confusionMatrix(
                caret:::predict.splsda(splsFit, testDescr),
                testMDRR)

########

Again, thank you in advance for any explanation re the error.

Best,
Savi

>>> Allan Engelhardt  03/19/11 4:24 AM >>>
As it says at the bottom of every post:

> PLEASE do read the posting
guidehttp://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html

Without an example that fails, it is hard to help.

Allan