[R] Libraries issue

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 17:43:33 CET 2011

Hi Ben,

I could be completely off target (corrections welcome if I am), but I
think the semicolon in the environment variable is making two separate
paths and maybe R chooses the first?  It should be easy to try
changing.

HTH,

Josh

(and sorry for the wild goose hunt if my memory is shoddy)

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Ben Ward <benjamin.ward at bathspa.org> wrote:
> Hi, I've just discovered R keeps installing my packages into
> C:\Users\Ben instead of "C:\\Users\\Ben;/R/win-library/2.12" which is
> what is returned by running Sys.getenv("R_LIBS_USER").
>

> I've tried setting environment variables in windows control panel of
>
> R_LIBS.
>

> But nothing seems to be working, it still wants to fill my user folder,
> I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but it still does the same
> thing. Does anybody know how I can fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben W.

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology