[R] quantmod Some Single Letter Tickers Not getFin

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 17:38:04 CET 2011

Hi John,

The financial statement pages exist, but they require the exchange to
be specified.  For example:
http://www.google.com/finance?fstype=ii&q=NYSE:GE
and
http://www.google.com/finance?fstype=ii&q=GE
take you to the same page, but
http://www.google.com/finance?fstype=ii&q=NYSE:F
works, while
http://www.google.com/finance?fstype=ii&q=F
results in a 400 'Bad request' error.

This seems to work for this one symbol, maybe it will work for others as well.
getFin("NYSE:F")

Best,
--
Joshua Ulrich  |  FOSS Trading: www.fosstrading.com