[R] exploring dist()

bra86 anastasia.krikovtseva at tugraz.at
Fri Mar 18 14:21:12 CET 2011

Hello, everybody,

I hope somebody could help me with a dist() function.
I have a data frame of size 2*4087 (col*row), where col corresponds to the
treatment and rows are
species, values are Hellinger distances, I should reconstruct a distance
matrix
with a dist() function. I know that "euclidean" method should be used.

When I type:
dist(dframe,"euclidean")
it gives me a truncated table, where values are missing.

I suppose that I have to define something for the values,
but I have no idea what exactly, because I am not familiar with r at all.

I would be very appreciated for every kind of suggestions or tips.