[R] Help on 'object(s) are masked from 'package:base"

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Mar 15 20:13:18 CET 2011

On Mar 15, 2011, at 1:03 PM, YAddo wrote:

> Dear All:
>
> I am a newbie to R.  I am trying to use the lmsqreg.fit pack,
> although I
> have installed(I think) it I am not able to invoke it when  write
> the code
> for it.  Here's what I got when I installed it.
>
> package 'lmsqreg' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>

> And here is what I got with library(lmsqreg):
>
> Attaching package: 'lmsqreg'
>
> The following object(s) are masked from 'package:base':   Version
>
> Qs:
>
> Has anybody encountered this problem before?

Your interpretation of that message is wrong. It just means that the
function by that name has covered up the base function `Version` of
the same name. If you wanted to use the base function, it is still
there and could be accessed by base::Version().

> How do I resolve this?

Nothing further needed ... you have successfully loaded that package.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT