[R] .Library in R 2.12.2 for windows

Oxxx jonathan.todd.oxborrow at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 03:56:47 CET 2011

I installed a custom package which needs to know its own location on the
disk. (It runs an executable that is included in the package.)  In version
2.11.1 the .Library command gave me the necessary information.  It returned
the path C:\Program Files\R\R-2.11.1\library.  I have noticed that in the
2.12.2 newly installed libraries are installed to something like
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\R\win-library\2.12., but he
.Library still points to C:\Program Files\R\R-2.11.1\library.  Is there some
function to return the path C:\Documents and Settings\user\My
Documents\R\win-library\2.12?  Thanks for any help that can be provided!